Grow Eyelashes Naturally With Latanoprost
Eyelashes are vital in our bodies as they protect the eye from airborne materials like insects and dust. When anything touches the eyelashes, the eye automatically closes as a reflex to protect the cornea from injury. To have less or no eyelashes can produce weakness in the protection of the eye as well as a severe cosmetic problem.
Latanoprost which is available in an eye drop form drug known as Xalatan is used to regrow eyelashes. It also works as prostaglandin, a chemical found in the body that controls fluid flow within the eye. Its ability to regulate the flow of fluids enables it to treat glaucoma and minimize elevated eye pressure that leads to blindness.
Latanoprost is an FDA approved drug that is safe to use. It is highly effective and has minimal side effects. Results of eyelashes growth are visible two months after one starts treatment. There is need to continue usage for one to be able to maintain the outcome as side effects can diminish after you stop using it.
What causes loss of eyelashes?
- Thyroid disorders
- Lice eyelashes
- sickle cell anemia
- HIV infection.
- Alopecia areata
How To Use Latanoprost
- First, you need to make sure your hands are clean by washing them thoroughly to avoid transferring dirt and bacteria unto the eyes.
- If you have contacts on, remove them as they can be discolored when exposed to the drug as there is a possibility for the contacts to absorb it. Do not put them back immediately after applying the medication. Wait for about 15-20minutes.
- Avoid the drug container from getting into contact with the eyelid or any other part of the skin.
- If possible, lie on your back or tilt your head backwards and apply the medicine on the top eyelash.
- Make sure that the eyes are completely shut to avoid an instance where the drug gets into your eyes. If it does though, do not panic as Latanoprost is used in the treatment of glaucoma so it won’t have any adverse effects on you.
- In case any medicine spills onto the side of the eye, wipe it out with a clean piece of cloth to prevent further skin exposure to the drug.
- Sometimes you may have more than one drug to use for the eyes. We recommend to first waiting for 20 minutes before applying the next one.
Important Things To Remember
- This medicine is meant for the eyes only
- It should be used as directed by a physician
- Medication should not be shared with friends or family. In case you run out of the medicine, come to us for a refill.
- If you miss a dose, forget it and wait for the next one. Do not exceed the prescribed doses as it may have adverse effects on your eyes like irritation, inflammation, or intense pain.
- Call your doctor if you experience irritation, burning sensation, stinging, a feeling like there is an object in the eye, or stinging.
Why Is Latanoprost Used In The Evening?
- The drug works effectively since when one is asleep, no disturbance might affect its function.
- For patients with glaucoma who put it in their eyes, it causes bloodshot eyes that best wear off when they are asleep.
- Pain from high eye pressure is severe during the early hours of the morning so using the medicine before sleep provides room for it to make a significant impact in reducing the pressure to prevent the pain.
Latanoprost can only be sold under a physician’s prescription. If you feel the need to enhance your eyebrows, talk to your doctor as they are well versed in your medical history, the drugs you are on and any allergic reactions you might have. They will be able to access whether you are eligible to use this drug. Come to Promise Pharmacy for all your prescription as we offer the best services in Palm Harbor, Florida.
Promise pharmacy encompasses a variety of services including prescription refills and free home delivery services for all our patients. Visit us to get personalized and expert assistance from our able staff.
Give us a call at (772) 200-4744, visit our website at www.promisepharmacy.com, or come into our conveniently accessible Palm Harbor location today and speak with one of the highly qualified and professional members of our staff today and let us help you understand how we can help improve your healthcare journey and get you on the way to better health in no time at all.