Scar Treatment And Post Surgery Cream
Promise Pharmacy, located in the palm harbor area, is a pharmacy that is dedicated to its patients. We offer scar treatment and post-surgery creams to help diminish the size and appearance of scars. We understand that scars can be embarrassing especially if they are located in a place that is hard to conceal like the face. Scars are a natural part of healing after an injury from burns, acne or surgeries.
Scarring occurs when white blood cells attack bacteria and cause changes in the skin cells from the adjacent area making the scar much more visible. The appearance and treatment of a scar depends on;
- The depth and size of the wound.
- Age of the wounded person
- The direction in which the scar was made
- Medications one is taking
- Thickness and color of the skin
- Location of the wound in the body
- Blood supply to the area
Types of scars:
Keloid scars: these occur when the body aggressively tries to heal a wound by overproduction of collagen even after the wound has healed. A clustered and thick scar is created and it is usually darker than the surrounding skin. The scar is not harmful although it might be itchy and painful. Mostly occurs on the shoulders, chest, earlobes, and face. People with dark skin are more prone to get keloid scars.
Atrophic scars: They appear depressed or jagged against the top layer of the skin. The common cause is usually acne after an incomplete healing at the location of the infection. Incomplete healing is due to insufficient production of collagen and other fibrous tissues by the healing skin. Collagen is responsible for flat, even and firm skin. Treatment helps to promote natural healing of the skin.
Hypertrophic scars: unlike the atrophic scars, hypertrophic scars appear raised and elevated. Wounds and infections cause excessive tissue to develop over the skin due to overproduction of collagen. However, the scars do not go beyond their surgical boundaries. These scars affect people of all ages but those who are between 10-30 years are more susceptible since their skin is more elastic and produces collagen in large amounts.
Stretch marks: these are disfiguring lesions caused by a sudden extreme skin growth or shrinking. They appear on the abdomen, breasts, thighs, hips, and buttocks as long, narrow pink lines. Risk factors include pregnancy, puberty, and medical conditions. They are normal and very common but can cause self-esteem issues and stress.
Contracture scars: they are formed when the skin is burned and can cause immobility in the affected area.
A healthy skin makes a person appear fresh and alive. Outer treatments are just as essential as inner treatments in order to achieve a healthy skin. Skin care treatment creams help in concealing and diminishing these flaws. Promise Pharmacy offers a wide array of creams best suited for your individualized scar treatment.
- Cocoa butter is one of the many components found in many of these creams. It is essential in keeping the skin moisturized. It is easily absorbed into the deep layers of the skin to help lock in moisture. It also makes the skin soft, smooth with an even texture thus diminishing the appearance of the scars
- A silicon ingredient in creams solely regulates collagen in the body to reduce scars like keloid and hypertrophic scars. it makes the skin appear softer and more flat. It facilitates breaking down of collagen by increasing levels of collagenases. It also reduces the discomfort that comes with scars like itching.
- Creams are easy to administer. One does not need to make a trip to the pharmacy or hospital to have it applied. There are easy to follow rules on when, where and how to apply.
- People with highly sensitive skin are highly considered when it comes to creams. The creams we prescribe are fit even for children. They are safe to use and cause no irritation. They can be applied to any scar surface even the face.
- Inexpensive as compared to other methods of scar treatments like surgery. With a low budget, one can be able to restore their skin to normal.
- They are easily available in our pharmacy when one needs them. We also do home deliveries if required.
Something can be done to get rid or diminish the appearance of scars. Visit the best independent pharmacy near you, Promise Pharmacy and let our qualified staff access your condition to find the best solution for your skin needs. We offer specialized services to our patients geared towards better health.
Give us a call at (772) 200-4744, visit our website at www.promisepharmacy.com, or come into our conveniently accessible Palm Harbor location today and speak with one of the highly qualified and professional members of our staff today and let us help you understand how we can help improve your healthcare journey and get you on the way to better health in no time at all.