Apart from being a reliable and professional pharmacy that offers all-around services including prescription filling, compounded medicine, etc., we also take that care to your homes by providing our patients with durable medical equipment. This ensures that patients get the proper care they require on their road to recovery. Durable medical equipment is termed as every tool that can be used to provide healing benefits to a patient due to reasons like an ailment or medical conditions like diabetes. Our broad range of equipment includes;
- Abdominal binders
- Hernia aids
- Cervical collars
- Wrist braces
- Back supports
- Knee brace
- Paper tape
- Transpore tape
- External catheters
- Leg bag
- Abdominal pads
- Urinary drainage bag
- No sting barrier
- Barrier wipes
- Stomahesive paste and powders
- Bed pads
- Child pull-ups
- Baby diapers
- Jobst stocking for men and women
- Nebulizer tubing and mouthpiece
- Grabbers or reachers
- BP monitor
- Bed pans
- Transfer bench
- Both insert
- Toilet support rail
- Breast pumps
- Maternity cradle
You can always call us to confirm the availability of any equipment not listed above. At promise pharmacy, we are always on our toes, increasing our knowledge by keeping tabs on the latest products, their features, and how best they can be utilized to assist our patients. This ensures that we remain relevant as well as guarantee that what we offer to people looking for our assistance is nothing but the best. Some of the equipment we offer like oxygen are FDA regulated and we only sell it to people with a prescription from a physician
We are enrolled in Medicare which ensures that all the covered patients are able to reap the full benefits offered by the government program. Apart from the insured patients, we also work with patients who are not covered due to the inability to qualify for the cover. We accept cash from them and also from the insured that requires items that are not covered.
Technological advancements have it that there is always something new on the market that works better and more efficiently than the last one. Our team of specialists looks out for them in order to test their functionality and unique features. We make sure that every piece of equipment we offer to our patients is in good condition and is tailor-suited to meet their needs.
When a patient or caregiver contacts our pharmacy for equipment, we go the extra mile and ensure that they are comfortable by conducting the following functions;
- Certify that the equipment requested safely to the destination noted by the patient or caregiver
- Provide full support in setting up the equipment
- Checking on the set-up environment to ensure that it is conducive for the use of the equipment in terms of safety and space.
- Conduct training session to anyone who will be involved in caregiving or to the patient himself to ensure they understand how it functions, how to care for it to perform its functions for an extended period and the procedure to undertake in case of malfunction.
- We offer information to the patients and caregivers to let them understand their responsibilities and rights.
Characteristics of durable medical equipment
- From the definition of durable medical equipment, it is clear that all the tools should be solely used to serve a medical purpose to either a sick person or to help manage certain conditions.
- Comes with a prescription from a physician – this is to make sure that we curb the misuse or abuse of use of these equipment
- Are suitable to be used in a home setting – to determine this, a specialist who will help in the setup of the equipment will check the home conditions.
- Should be able to withstand repeated use therefore it needs to be made in such a way that it has material that is durable and not easily damaged.
- Should be able to be recycled and not be something that is used once then disposed.
To be covered, a durable medical needs to meet all the following conditions:
- If the equipment is not solely to provide comfort for the patient
- Should be prescribed by a medical practitioner
- If it majorly provides healing benefits to the patient for a disease or a condition
- If it be clearly proven that the tool does not more than necessary non-medical uses.
Promise pharmacy has a primary quest of ensuring that every person that decides to form a relationship with us by requesting our services is taken care of to the best of our ability. By choosing us, you choose a pharmacy that is community-based and is concerned about your general well-being. Visit us to get a full range of services from compounding, prescription refills, wound care, medical weight loss, and durable medical equipment among many others.
Give us a call or come into our conveniently accessible Palm Harbor location today and speak with one of the highly qualified and professional members of our staff today and let us help you understand how we can help improve your healthcare journey and get you on the way to better health in no time at all.